- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Things That Won’t Shock You: Tiger Woods Will Miss The U.S. Open
What has more medical news: Tiger Woods’ web site, or DoctorOz.com? Well, Tiger today announced on his site that he won’t be at the U.S. Open, which should surprise no one. He said it’s due to his recovery from back surgery. Disappointing news to be sure — I feel as down as that fire hydrant and tree he rammed in 2009. Tiger:
“Unfortunately, I won’t be there because I’m not yet physically able to play competitive golf,” Woods said. “I’d like to convey my regrets to the USGA leadership, the volunteers and the fans that I won’t be at Pinehurst. The U.S. Open is very important to me, and I know it’s going to be a great week. Despite missing the first two majors, and several other important tournaments, I remain very optimistic about this year and my future.”
And now to the stats: Tiger hasn’t won a major since 2008. He won six in a four-year span (2005-08). The U.S. Open in ’08 was his latest.
He does however lead all pro golfers in hanging out on a yacht with Lindsay Vonn, which I assume is where he’ll be this weekend.
- Filed Under:
- Tiger Woods
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'