- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Opposes Washington NFL Nickname Change
- Goal Of The Year: Luis Suarez Puts Some English On It
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Tiger Woods, Caddie Steve Williams Parting Ways After 12 Years
The “Stevie”-Tiger collaboration saw Woods capture 13 of his 14 major championships. Williams has been working with Adam Scott since Tiger was sidelined with lingering injuries to his left leg, and caddied for the Australian golfer at this year’s U.S. Open. Woods, hampered by “minor” knee and Achilles injuries, last played in The Players Championship in early May, but withdrew after shooting a 42 through nine holes of the first round.
At present, no replacement has been named. Tiger’s statement reads as follows:
“I want to express my deepest gratitude to Stevie for all his help, but I think it’s time for a change. Stevie is an outstanding caddie and a friend and has been instrumental in many of my accomplishments. I wish him great success in the future.”
In homage to this end of an era — one that saw Tiger achieve unparalleled success on the golf course en route to becoming a global phenomenon — we present the most iconic Williams/Woods moment from the past 12 years:
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Rios Vows To End Pacquiao's Career
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time