- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Tiger Woods To Return To Golf At Masters; CBS Readies For Enormous Ratings
The stage is set for Tiger Woods return to golf, and he’s doing it at a tournament that has “a tradition unlike any other.”
Woods said in a statement today he’ll make his long-awaited return at the Masters on April 5, and CBS is bracing for huge ratings as a result.
Here’s part of Woods’ statement today:
The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I’m ready to start my season at Augusta.
The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it’s been a while since I last played.
Earlier this week CBS News and Sports President Sean McManus said, “I think the first tournament Tiger Woods plays again, wherever it is, will be the biggest media event other than the Obama inauguration in the past 10 or 15 years.”
Well now we know – it will be on CBS, on a huge stage.
> Update: Here’s FNC’s initial report:
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success