- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Tiger Woods To Return To Golf At Masters; CBS Readies For Enormous Ratings
The stage is set for Tiger Woods return to golf, and he’s doing it at a tournament that has “a tradition unlike any other.”
Woods said in a statement today he’ll make his long-awaited return at the Masters on April 5, and CBS is bracing for huge ratings as a result.
Here’s part of Woods’ statement today:
The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I’m ready to start my season at Augusta.
The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it’s been a while since I last played.
Earlier this week CBS News and Sports President Sean McManus said, “I think the first tournament Tiger Woods plays again, wherever it is, will be the biggest media event other than the Obama inauguration in the past 10 or 15 years.”
Well now we know – it will be on CBS, on a huge stage.
> Update: Here’s FNC’s initial report:
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing