- Hall Of Famer On Manziel: 'You're Not Johnny Football. You're Johnny Rookie Bitch'
- Ugly NHL-Themed Xmas Sweaters (An Idea We Thought Of First) Are Here
- MLB Trade Rumors, Injury Updates, Trends And News
- Rob Ford On A Teeter Totter Is The Reason The Internet Exists
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
That $60 Million High School Football Stadium In Allen, Texas Is Already Falling Down
Yep, Texas: home to a $59.6 million high school football stadium. Eagle Stadium in Allen, Texas opened in 2012, with a 20,000-fan seating capacity and, among other things, an indoor golf facility. It was funded by a $119 million bond measure voted through in 2009, and serves as a monument to the state’s love of prep football which will stand forever and ever … or, for 18 months. Yeah, that’s what we meant. ESPN:
Eagle Stadium in the Dallas suburb of Allen will be closed until at least June for an examination of “extensive cracking” in the concrete of the stadium’s concourse, the district said in a statement Thursday. The closure will likely affect home games at the stadium this fall, the district said.
Ben Pogue of Pogue Construction, which built the stadium, told reporters that the cracks range from a quarter-inch to three-quarters of an inch wide.
“There are concerns surrounding the stadium, but we have been — for a long time — part of the solution,” Pogue said, according to the Dallas Morning News. “I’m optimistic that we’re going to have a quick resolve to this that will not affect the football season that’s coming up.”
Interim district superintendent Beth Nicholas:
“This is a significant investment for our community. We are very disappointed and upset that these problems have arisen. It is unacceptable.”
The weather gods decided to make it hail on eagle stadium to fill the cracks
— boop (@carlywee) March 2, 2014
We do everything bigger in Texas. Not better. $60 million new Allen H.S. FB stadium falling apart. http://t.co/qE1LXaTexi
— Barry Horn (@bhorn55) February 28, 2014
- Filed Under:
- high school football
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts