- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Washington State High School Pitcher Has Definite 194-Pitch Limit
Sorry son, no negotiation. Once you get to 194 pitches, we’re going to have to pull you. You know, to protect your arm.
— Dylan Fosnacht (@DFosnacht5) May 14, 2014
So Dylan Fosnacht of Rochester High School (southwest Washington, near the Oregon border) pitched 14 shutout innings in his team’s district tournament playoff game on Tuesday, throwing 194 pitches (!). He allowed two baserunners in the 15th, so his coach pulled him and replaced him with the catcher, Dustin Wilson, who threw three innings of shutout relief as Rochester won, 1-0, over La Center High.
Then Wilson started the next game — on the same day — and threw all seven innings of a 5-3 win over Elma High School.
Quote from the winning coach:
“For the experiment to be a success, all of the body parts must be enlarged.”
No, sorry. That’s not him. The real quotes, from Rochester head coach Jerry Striegel:
“We talked to him every inning, and he said he felt comfortable, he felt good, and he’s a little competitor,” Striegel told the Centralia Chronicle. “He didn’t want to come out of the ballgame. He wasn’t very pleased when I took him out in the 15th.”
Striegel told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday that, in hindsight, he kept Fosnacht in the game too long.
“I realize that it was way too many pitches,” Striegel told Big League Stew in a phone interview Thursday morning. “I can understand everybody’s concern about it. And I would tell you too that I am concerned also. I probably would change the decision today.”
David Price of the Tampa Bay Rays was a bit concerned as well:
— David Price (@DAVIDprice14) May 15, 2014
I realize I wasn’t there, but 194 pitches in high school is insane.
- Filed Under:
- High School Baseball
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts