- 13 Sporting Goods Companies From The 90s That You've Completely Forgotten About
- Them's Fightin' Skinny Jeans: Larry Sanders Gets In Club Brawl, Throws Bottles
- Report: Jameis Winston Is Not Going To Be Charged With Sexual Assualt
- Sad Indiana Fan Watches Her Beloved Hoosiers Lose To 'Cuse, Sans Clothing
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Epic Hockey Coach Meltdown Features Flying Sticks
Welcome to Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, where coaching tantrums will not take a back seat to the NHL variety. Here’s Éric Veilleux, head coach of the Baie-Comeau Drakkar, a team which has one of the all-time great logos.
It happened during the second period of their game on Friday night, and needless to say Veilleux didn’t agree with a call, and showed his mild displeasure. I mean, he lost it.
It’s one thing to throw equipment that you see lying around — but quite another when you actually grab sticks from players’ hands to throw onto the ice.
Veilleux was fined $1,000 and given a two-game suspension. Sounds reasonable.
Of course your next question is, does Baie-Comeau Drakkar have a mascot? Of course they do!
His name is Snorri, and he’d like you to forget about all that invasion and pillaging stuff.
- Filed Under:
- Quebec Major Junior Hockey League
- Who's To Blame For The 49ers Passing Game?
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Greg Schiano Out as Coach in Tamba Bay?
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever