- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Female Reporter Arrested For Alleged Death Threat To WHL Player
There’s nothing like a freelance Minor League Hockey reporter scorned. Allegedly.
Tieja MacLaughlin, 25, a freelance sports reporter for two outlets in Kelowna, British Columbia, is being held without bail for allegedly stalking and threatening a Tri-City Americans hockey player. Benton County prosecutors are reviewing allegations that MacLaughlin drove to Kennewick, WA, with plans to kill boyfriend Jackson Playfair.
Playfair is a forward for the Americans, of the Western Hockey League, having been on the team only two weeks following a trade from the Spokane Chiefs. From the Tri-City Herald:
According to Kennewick police and documents, Playfair told police at 2:30 a.m. Saturday that he has been in a dating relationship with MacLaughlin since July, but said “it has been a rocky one.”
MacLaughlin learned Friday that her boyfriend had been with someone else, and told him over the phone that she was on her way to Kennewick, court documents said.
During that call, she told Playfair that “he would be dead by the end of the night,” documents said.
Yikes. Hide the pet rabbit.
So according to police, they contacted MacLaughlin at her hotel and told her to cool it or she’d be arrested, and she promised she would leave and head back to Canada. But she then she texted Playfair to try and set up a meeting. Playfair said he’d be right over, but the police showed up instead.
MacLaughlin has yet to have her day in court so we won’t jump to any conclusions here. But it’s probably safe to say that, in a general sense, a reporter dating a player on a team she covers really begs the question, “What could possibly go wrong?”
Meanwhile, on MacLaughlin’s Twitter account:
— Tieja MacLaughlin (@Tieja_Mac) January 16, 2014
“All women are crazy you just have to find the one that's your kinda crazy."
— Emma Hinds (@emhindss) January 17, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Jackson Playfair
- Marko Jaric and His Super Hot Supermodel Wife Split
- Terry Bradshaw Makes Fun of Peyton Manning's Career
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?