- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Hockey Player Got His Face Sliced By A Skate Blade (WARNING: GRUESOME)
This comes from “Quebec’s Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey (LNAH), a low-level professional league” that you likely have never heard of.
Captain for the Thetford Mines Isothermic team (yes, that’s their name), Sebastien Courcelles, was cut by a skate blade. On his face. The result was horrifying, which you could clearly decipher if you only saw the teammate that helped Courcelles off the ice.
It sounds like he’s alright, though:
According to information obtained, the striker Isothermic was taken to hospital and his condition was stable. It was unclear, however, whether sufficient stitches to close the wound or if surgery would be necessary.
Welp, that could have gone a lot worse.
Here’s a picture from when it happened:
I wonder what hurts more: Getting sliced by a skate blade, or explaining to people that your profession is “playing for Quebec’s Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey (LNAH).”
(Or telling people you’re a sports blogger who makes bad jokes about people who just got their faces sliced up. I think that one takes the cake.)
- Filed Under:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story