- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
This Hockey Player Got His Face Sliced By A Skate Blade (WARNING: GRUESOME)
This comes from “Quebec’s Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey (LNAH), a low-level professional league” that you likely have never heard of.
Captain for the Thetford Mines Isothermic team (yes, that’s their name), Sebastien Courcelles, was cut by a skate blade. On his face. The result was horrifying, which you could clearly decipher if you only saw the teammate that helped Courcelles off the ice.
It sounds like he’s alright, though:
According to information obtained, the striker Isothermic was taken to hospital and his condition was stable. It was unclear, however, whether sufficient stitches to close the wound or if surgery would be necessary.
Welp, that could have gone a lot worse.
Here’s a picture from when it happened:
I wonder what hurts more: Getting sliced by a skate blade, or explaining to people that your profession is “playing for Quebec’s Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey (LNAH).”
(Or telling people you’re a sports blogger who makes bad jokes about people who just got their faces sliced up. I think that one takes the cake.)
- Filed Under:
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- San Francisco 49ers the Most Hated Team in the US?
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap