- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Dancer Who Lost Foot In Boston Marathon Attack Vows To Run In Next Year’s Race
Note from Adrianne Haslet-Davis, a spectator who lost part of her leg in the Boston Marathon bombings: “I can’t let some (expletive) come along and steal my whole life. Next year … yes, I plan to run the marathon.”
We’ve seen the tributes pour in, witnessed the heroism by law enforcement officials and first responders, and now the victims are beginning to come forward with their inspiring tales. Haslet-Davis, 32, a dance instructor at Arthur Murray Studio in Boston, was injured by the second explosion in the Boston Marathon attack. As a result her left leg was amputated below the knee.
Her husband, Air Force Capt. Adam Davis, had just returned safely from Afghanistan. Little did he know he’d have to deal with an attack right at home. Davis, who was hit with shrapnel in the bombing, still carried Adrianne into a restaurant to escape the blast scene. First responders later carried the couple to an ambulance.
Adrianne, to Peter Gelzinis of the Boston Herald:
Adrianne Haslet-Davis greeted me yesterday with: “I’ve been better, but I’m doing OK.” When asked about the dark moments, she bellowed, “Hell, yeah, I’ve had plenty. I’ve thrown my walker across the room and haven’t used it yet. But I realized you have to be selfish about the things that matter the most. My husband. The job I love. Dancing is my life. Yeah, having my foot blown off, that really sucks. But I can’t wallow in woe is me.
“I can’t let some (expletive) come along and steal my whole life. So, I’ll dance again. And next year, though I’ve never been a runner, yes, I plan to run the marathon.”
Yeah, Adrianne plans to run her first marathon in Boston next year. It’s actually going to be interesting to see the Boston Marathon in 2014. That’s going to be some gigantic event.
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'