- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Mascot Power Rankings: ‘Raider Rusher’ Steals Children’s Souls
I would have figured the Oakland Raiders to be the last team standing in the We-Don’t-Have-A-Mascot Club, even after the Packers and the Jets. But in the age of multiple kids’ TV channels and mind-and-thumb-numbing social media, it’s corporate suicide not to have something that appeals to children that you can animate and put on Nickelodeon.
The problem with Raider Rusher, however, is that kids are more likely to flee him than to want to hug him. The spikes alone should be enough for many colorful lawsuits, and how is any self-respecting teenager going to resist the urge to try and punt him down the stairs? Raider Rusher was unveiled by the Raiders earlier this week, with an animated version to appear on Nickelodeon’s “NFL Rush Zone”. The good news is that he will be restricted to certain areas of the O.co Coliseum, and will not actually be on the field.
The Oakland Raiders will be unveiling a new mascot. Here he is: The Raider Rusher pic.twitter.com/XERNYh6xMV
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) September 22, 2013
Name: Raider Rusher.
Team: Oakland Raiders (NFL).
Description: Large, spiked helmet head attached to legs, with no body. Useless, T-Rex arms and illegal one-bar facemask.
Police record: Stalking, annoying, second-degree burglary, check forgery, indecent exposure, tax evasion.
Let’s run down the rest of the rankings:
It’s the triumphant return of the Mascot Power Rankings, in which we endeavor to list the top mascots of the moment, ranked by awesomeness, horribleness and/or straight-up WTF-ness. If you know a mascot you’d like to nominate, or are one, send details to Rick@sportsgrid.com, or email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Can a patriot do any less?
- Filed Under:
- Oakland Raiders
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts