- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The 2022 World Cup Goes To Qatar As USA Loses Bid
Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup. They are the first Middle Eastern country to host the games, and will be the tiniest nation to ever host it.
It was a crushing defeat for the USA, which had pushed heavily for right to host the 2022 games. Former president Bill Clinton played a major role within the American delegation.
The loss is a biggie for American soccer fans, and takes away the possibility of the sped-up development of Major League Soccer.
FIFA president Sepp Blatter made the announcement live from Zurich, Switzerland, after announcing that the 2018 Cup would be hosted in Russia.
After originally being scheduled for 10am, the announcement from FIFA officials was postponed, allegedly due to some late discussions regarding the 2018 announcement.
Around 10:23, Sports Illustrated’s Grant Wahl tweeted that FIFA officials had finished voting, and were milling about at the front of the announcement stage. Wahl also reported that Clinton was still working the room minutes before the announcement was made.
Oh, and in case you were wondering.
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Best I've Faced: Antonio Tarver Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success