- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Mass Flopping Routine
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- Devin Hester Can't Believe The Bears Didn't Re-sign Him, Because Seven Years Ago
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The 2022 World Cup Goes To Qatar As USA Loses Bid
Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup. They are the first Middle Eastern country to host the games, and will be the tiniest nation to ever host it.
It was a crushing defeat for the USA, which had pushed heavily for right to host the 2022 games. Former president Bill Clinton played a major role within the American delegation.
The loss is a biggie for American soccer fans, and takes away the possibility of the sped-up development of Major League Soccer.
FIFA president Sepp Blatter made the announcement live from Zurich, Switzerland, after announcing that the 2018 Cup would be hosted in Russia.
After originally being scheduled for 10am, the announcement from FIFA officials was postponed, allegedly due to some late discussions regarding the 2018 announcement.
Around 10:23, Sports Illustrated’s Grant Wahl tweeted that FIFA officials had finished voting, and were milling about at the front of the announcement stage. Wahl also reported that Clinton was still working the room minutes before the announcement was made.
Oh, and in case you were wondering.
- CM Punk Walks Out on WWE
- Dana White Believes He Has Worked Out Anthony Pettis Vs Jose Aldo
- Why Is Josh Thomson Still Firing Shots At Ben Henderson?
- Predicting Who Will Be First to Defeat Chris Weidman