- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Adult Swim Has Okayed A Mike Tyson Cartoon Series, And There’ll Be A Talking Pigeon
Adult Swim, the network that gave you Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies and Robot Chicken, is embarking on a project that will either save the world, or destroy all life as we know it. Get ready for a new cartoon series, Mike Tyson Mysteries.
The synopsis, via IndieWire:
In the new animated comedy series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets… by solving mysteries! Armed with a magical tattoo on his face and a trusty associate by his side – a talking pigeon – if you have a problem that needs solving, Iron Mike is in your corner. The series incorporates live-action appearances featuring Mighty Mike himself, and the gloves come off as the former heavyweight champ and his fowl-mouthed partner gear up for weekly adventures as they put unsolved mysteries – like how to defeat a super computer at chess or why a famous author/werewolf can’t finish his novel – down for the count.
Yes this has potential: I especially like the concept of a filthy-mouthed pigeon. But … no talking, severed ear to serve as his Moriarty? You need to make that happen, Adult Swim.
I hesitate to think what Carl will think of all of this. If there is a God, he will make the occasional cameo appearance as the CSI tech.
- Filed Under:
- Mike Tyson
- Amir Khan: 'Floyd Mayweather's The Boss'
- Is Maidana Obsessed With Beating Broner?
- Denver Sweeps Kansas City at Arrowhead: Five Things We Learned
- Virgil Hunter Says Amir Khan Is Faster Than Pacquiao