- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
After 44 Years, Bob Ryan Retires From the Boston Globe
Bob Ryan posted his farewell column on the Boston Globe’s website today, ending a 44-year career as one of the most famous sportswriters of the 20th century. He started back as an intern in the summer of 1968, and worked his way up to national prestige and respect.
Ryan will now write an occasional Sunday column 30-40 times a year with his full-time employment having come to a close. Even though he will continue to write, this effectively marks the end of his long tenure. As for the next step, he’s not really sure what he wants to do. But he’s satisfied with the past.
“So why now? It’s time; that’s all. I’ve covered the events I wanted to cover. I reached a goal with the Bruins’ Stanley Cup run in 2011 to have covered championships in all four primary pro sports. I’ve covered 29 Final Fours. London has been my 11th Olympics. I even did a dog show. I am fulfilled.”
We highly recommend you check out the full column here.
- The 13 Hottest Girlfriends of Derek Jeter
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics
- Which Super Star Athlete is Kissing Carmen Electra?