- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
NBC’s Al Michaels Was Arrested For Drunk Driving
You know Al Michaels, he’s that seemigly nice and inoffensive 68-year-old man that projects his booming voice through your hopefully-booming TV speakers on Sunday nights, while football is being broadcast on NBC. You used to hear him do the same thing on Monday nights on a different channel. You may have even heard him call a 1980 hockey game where some Patriots beat some Communists. He does not seem like the type of guy who would get a DUI, because we assume that nice people don’t do dumb things and we know Al Michaels for his voice, and he has a Nice Guy Voice.
Alas, he was arrested Friday night on suspicion of drunken driving.
Michaels was pulled over at about 9:30 p.m. Friday after officers manning a DUI checkpoint witnessed him make an illegal U-turn, Santa Monica police Sgt. Richard Lewis said.
Michaels, the play-by-play man for “Sunday Night Football,” was taken to the station, where he registered a blood alcohol level over the .08 percent legal limit, according to Lewis.
Color commentator Chris Collinsworth was not on scene to comment, but he would have cited Michaels’ hampered first step, as well as his disappointing Life Decision IQ. We are glad that no one appears hurt, and we hope the breathalyzer was operated by Dan Dierdorf and this is all a big misunderstanding.
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?