- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
NBC’s Al Michaels Was Arrested For Drunk Driving
You know Al Michaels, he’s that seemigly nice and inoffensive 68-year-old man that projects his booming voice through your hopefully-booming TV speakers on Sunday nights, while football is being broadcast on NBC. You used to hear him do the same thing on Monday nights on a different channel. You may have even heard him call a 1980 hockey game where some Patriots beat some Communists. He does not seem like the type of guy who would get a DUI, because we assume that nice people don’t do dumb things and we know Al Michaels for his voice, and he has a Nice Guy Voice.
Alas, he was arrested Friday night on suspicion of drunken driving.
Michaels was pulled over at about 9:30 p.m. Friday after officers manning a DUI checkpoint witnessed him make an illegal U-turn, Santa Monica police Sgt. Richard Lewis said.
Michaels, the play-by-play man for “Sunday Night Football,” was taken to the station, where he registered a blood alcohol level over the .08 percent legal limit, according to Lewis.
Color commentator Chris Collinsworth was not on scene to comment, but he would have cited Michaels’ hampered first step, as well as his disappointing Life Decision IQ. We are glad that no one appears hurt, and we hope the breathalyzer was operated by Dan Dierdorf and this is all a big misunderstanding.
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Mikey Garcia Could Face Burgos in First Defense?
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC