- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Andy Murray Really Liked His Interviewer’s Hair
Andy Murray earned a spot in the U.S. Open semifinals today with a hard-fought four-set win over John Isner, 7-5, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (2). And while the win means that Murray’s reached at least the semifinals of every major in 2011 – no small feat – he apparently had more on his mind than just the victory during a post-match interview with CBS’ Mary Joe Fernandez.
Quick aside: as a player, Fernandez’ career arc wasn’t entirely unlike Murray’s to date. She reached a few major finals (and at least the semis at all four), but never broke through and won one. Anyway, most of this interview was the standard stuff you’d expect to hear – about how tough a match it was, how difficult an opponent Isner is to face – until the very end, when Murray dropped in a kind, but rather unexpected sentiment:
We also like Dick Enberg’s reaction after the fact, which boiled down to, “What haircut?” Maybe there was some kind of inside joke at play, but to us, Fernandez didn’t appear to have dramatically different hair than she has at any other time. We should also point out that there was nothing at all creepy about Murray’s remark: it was just…odd. Oh well – we’re just glad to see Murray look like he’s enjoying himself.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story