- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Andy Murray Really Liked His Interviewer’s Hair
Andy Murray earned a spot in the U.S. Open semifinals today with a hard-fought four-set win over John Isner, 7-5, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (2). And while the win means that Murray’s reached at least the semifinals of every major in 2011 – no small feat – he apparently had more on his mind than just the victory during a post-match interview with CBS’ Mary Joe Fernandez.
Quick aside: as a player, Fernandez’ career arc wasn’t entirely unlike Murray’s to date. She reached a few major finals (and at least the semis at all four), but never broke through and won one. Anyway, most of this interview was the standard stuff you’d expect to hear – about how tough a match it was, how difficult an opponent Isner is to face – until the very end, when Murray dropped in a kind, but rather unexpected sentiment:
We also like Dick Enberg’s reaction after the fact, which boiled down to, “What haircut?” Maybe there was some kind of inside joke at play, but to us, Fernandez didn’t appear to have dramatically different hair than she has at any other time. We should also point out that there was nothing at all creepy about Murray’s remark: it was just…odd. Oh well – we’re just glad to see Murray look like he’s enjoying himself.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers