- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Andy Murray Really Liked His Interviewer’s Hair
Andy Murray earned a spot in the U.S. Open semifinals today with a hard-fought four-set win over John Isner, 7-5, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (2). And while the win means that Murray’s reached at least the semifinals of every major in 2011 – no small feat – he apparently had more on his mind than just the victory during a post-match interview with CBS’ Mary Joe Fernandez.
Quick aside: as a player, Fernandez’ career arc wasn’t entirely unlike Murray’s to date. She reached a few major finals (and at least the semis at all four), but never broke through and won one. Anyway, most of this interview was the standard stuff you’d expect to hear – about how tough a match it was, how difficult an opponent Isner is to face – until the very end, when Murray dropped in a kind, but rather unexpected sentiment:
We also like Dick Enberg’s reaction after the fact, which boiled down to, “What haircut?” Maybe there was some kind of inside joke at play, but to us, Fernandez didn’t appear to have dramatically different hair than she has at any other time. We should also point out that there was nothing at all creepy about Murray’s remark: it was just…odd. Oh well – we’re just glad to see Murray look like he’s enjoying himself.
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- The 10 Bloodiest Fights Of All Time
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?