- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Announcer Tries, Fails To Get Excited During 70-Foot Buzzer Beater
We’re not sure if it was 2011 or 1981, but at some point, during some year, Foxboro High School’s Pat Smith sank a 70-foot buzzer beater to beat Canton High School and advance in the Massachusetts state basketball playoffs.
The announcer, Tim Hagerty, did his best Gus Johnson impersonation…unfortunately he didn’t do a very good job. He seems like he is trying to sound excited (he really does), but he just can’t quite get himself to the full-blown enthusiasm necessary to portray the situation.
After the shot, fans rush the court in celebration, at which point Hagerty says in a loudish voice: “It’s chaos in Foxboro.”
But it sure doesn’t feel like chaos.
Meanwhile, Hagerty is now the broadcaster for the Tucson Padres (San Diego Padres Triple-A affiliate). You can click here to listen to him get just as close to something approaching excitement.
- Filed Under:
- Buzzer Beater
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts