- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Announcer Tries, Fails To Get Excited During 70-Foot Buzzer Beater
We’re not sure if it was 2011 or 1981, but at some point, during some year, Foxboro High School’s Pat Smith sank a 70-foot buzzer beater to beat Canton High School and advance in the Massachusetts state basketball playoffs.
The announcer, Tim Hagerty, did his best Gus Johnson impersonation…unfortunately he didn’t do a very good job. He seems like he is trying to sound excited (he really does), but he just can’t quite get himself to the full-blown enthusiasm necessary to portray the situation.
After the shot, fans rush the court in celebration, at which point Hagerty says in a loudish voice: “It’s chaos in Foxboro.”
But it sure doesn’t feel like chaos.
Meanwhile, Hagerty is now the broadcaster for the Tucson Padres (San Diego Padres Triple-A affiliate). You can click here to listen to him get just as close to something approaching excitement.
- Filed Under:
- Buzzer Beater
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement