- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- We Remixed That KG Beats Commercial By Adding Radiohead's "Creep"
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Announcer Tries, Fails To Get Excited During 70-Foot Buzzer Beater
We’re not sure if it was 2011 or 1981, but at some point, during some year, Foxboro High School’s Pat Smith sank a 70-foot buzzer beater to beat Canton High School and advance in the Massachusetts state basketball playoffs.
The announcer, Tim Hagerty, did his best Gus Johnson impersonation…unfortunately he didn’t do a very good job. He seems like he is trying to sound excited (he really does), but he just can’t quite get himself to the full-blown enthusiasm necessary to portray the situation.
After the shot, fans rush the court in celebration, at which point Hagerty says in a loudish voice: “It’s chaos in Foxboro.”
But it sure doesn’t feel like chaos.
Meanwhile, Hagerty is now the broadcaster for the Tucson Padres (San Diego Padres Triple-A affiliate). You can click here to listen to him get just as close to something approaching excitement.
- Filed Under:
- Buzzer Beater
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Roach Doesn't Want Pacquiao To Fight Provodnikov
- Moment Of Truth Fight in the Philippines