- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Announcer Tries, Fails To Get Excited During 70-Foot Buzzer Beater
We’re not sure if it was 2011 or 1981, but at some point, during some year, Foxboro High School’s Pat Smith sank a 70-foot buzzer beater to beat Canton High School and advance in the Massachusetts state basketball playoffs.
The announcer, Tim Hagerty, did his best Gus Johnson impersonation…unfortunately he didn’t do a very good job. He seems like he is trying to sound excited (he really does), but he just can’t quite get himself to the full-blown enthusiasm necessary to portray the situation.
After the shot, fans rush the court in celebration, at which point Hagerty says in a loudish voice: “It’s chaos in Foxboro.”
But it sure doesn’t feel like chaos.
Meanwhile, Hagerty is now the broadcaster for the Tucson Padres (San Diego Padres Triple-A affiliate). You can click here to listen to him get just as close to something approaching excitement.
- Filed Under:
- Buzzer Beater
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story