- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Announcer Tries, Fails To Get Excited During 70-Foot Buzzer Beater
We’re not sure if it was 2011 or 1981, but at some point, during some year, Foxboro High School’s Pat Smith sank a 70-foot buzzer beater to beat Canton High School and advance in the Massachusetts state basketball playoffs.
The announcer, Tim Hagerty, did his best Gus Johnson impersonation…unfortunately he didn’t do a very good job. He seems like he is trying to sound excited (he really does), but he just can’t quite get himself to the full-blown enthusiasm necessary to portray the situation.
After the shot, fans rush the court in celebration, at which point Hagerty says in a loudish voice: “It’s chaos in Foxboro.”
But it sure doesn’t feel like chaos.
Meanwhile, Hagerty is now the broadcaster for the Tucson Padres (San Diego Padres Triple-A affiliate). You can click here to listen to him get just as close to something approaching excitement.
- Filed Under:
- Buzzer Beater
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw Crashes Bachelorette Party
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?