- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Barack Obama Really, Really Likes Talking About The Bulls
President Barack Obama is a Chicago sports guy. He doesn’t shy away from that. He promised to attend the Super Bowl this year…but only if the Bears made it. He had to sort of go back on comments made during LeBron’s free agency, when he suggested that LeBron might just fit in “pretty well” with Obama’s beloved Bulls.
That flap aside, though, Obama still apparently has no reservations about letting pretty much anyone know exactly where his heart lies. The Basketball Jones’ Trey Kerby looked into this phenomenon today, noting that not only did Obama recently praise the hiring of Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, he also couldn’t help talking about the Bulls to…Celtics coach Doc Rivers. It turns out that Rivers, in explaining how he actually ignored a call from Obama last year (by accident, of course), recently got an earful from the president about his Eastern Conference rivals.
“I’ve learned that if it’s the 202 area code you should probably answer it. No caller ID. He thanked us for [Thibodeau]. He talked a lot about the Bulls, I will say that.”
Kerby went on to say he enjoys the idea of Obama seeking conversations with coaches around the league, just so he can brag to them all about the Bulls. We agree – it reminds us of this old satirical piece poking fun at Dick Vitale’s supposed Duke fanboyism where, at one point, Dickie V asks Caron Butler (then at UConn) about Shane Battier after a game he announces, even though Duke didn’t play in it.
There’s risk involved for Obama, though – you don’t want to get a reputation as a guy who incessantly talks about his team and his team only. Even in a president, that can’t be looked kindly upon…not to mention Obama still has a race to worry about winning next year. And as amusing as his Bulls obsession might be, he might want to curtail the constant mentions before he turns into that guy who wears a White Sox hat to a game they’re not even playing in…uh oh.
[h/t Ball Don't Lie]
- Johnny Manziel's Girlfriend Big Hit on Internet
- Remembering Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Time In The UFC
- Brooke Hogan's Wardrobe Malfunction
- Boxer Dies Protecting Daughter