- Falcons Fans Bro Out, Nearly Ruin Emotional Moment Between Deion Sanders And Devin Hester
- Andy Murray Plays Both Sides Of The Net On Scotland Question
- Peyton Manning Says That Colorado's New Weed Laws Have Been Good For His Pizza Business
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
‘Belligerent’ Rob Ford Scolded By Security At A Maple Leafs Game On Saturday
Rob Ford was disorderly but not drunk at a Maple Leafs game on Saturday night, and almost got kicked out, but not quite. So that’s progress, right?
A Twitter rumor went viral on Saturday night concerning the Toronto mayor. To wit: Ford was thown out of the Air Canada Centre for being drunk and disorderly. The rumor peaked and was disproven before the game even ended: turns out Ford was just drinking water, but did get “beligerent” with security and had to be warned to settle down.
Rob Ford is the first visitor to the ACC all season who didn’t get to spend the whole night taking as many shots as he wanted.
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) April 6, 2014
Ford was “visibly upset” after being denied entry to an exclusive ACC lounge, said sources. Toronto Globe & Mail:
Councillor Frank Di Giorgio, who attended the Toronto Maple Leafs game with the mayor, said Mr. Ford was told by security staff that he wasn’t welcome at the board of directors’ lounge, which the mayor interpreted as retribution for his vote on Thursday against a plan by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment to invest $10-million of city funds to expand BMO Field.
After arguing with security, Ford was warned to cool it.
So, no ejection: But when word got out on Twitter that Ford was at the game, fans flocked to meet him and take photos (see photo above).
Isn’t it time we stopped thinking of Ford as the “Tornto mayor”? Really, he’s our mayor now: the bloggers, the comedians, the blue collar guys whose hobbies include being fat, drinking to excess and running into fire hydrants with their crotch. All of ours.
- Filed Under:
- Rob Ford
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack Releases Horrific War Machine Beating Photos
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar