- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- The 'Eli Manning Dislikes' Twitter Meme Is A Glorious Thing
- The Yankees Genius Strategy For Success: Get As Old As Possible
- Video Evidence Charles Barkley Is The Best American In America
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Bill Simmons’ New Website, Grantland, Launches Next Wednesday At Noon
Bill Simmons announced on Twitter today that his new website, Grantland.com, will launch on Wednesday, June 8th, at noon.
Up until now, the site had a not-so-concrete start time in June. But the word from Simmons is that – surprise! – the most anticipated sports blog ever is less than a week away.
The site features an impressive collection of talent, and will feature longer pieces than your traditional, quick-hitting blog post. But pulling it together hasn’t been easy.
Simmons has recently expressed frustration over the drudgery involved in launching the site, and in a radio interview with fellow ESPNer Tony Kornheiser, he noted that it’s a lot easier when you only have to worry about yourself. In a New York Times Magazine piece that hit the web Tuesday night, he said creating Grantland hadn’t been “as much fun” as he originally thought it would be.
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- The Least Classy Fans in Football