- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Bill Simmons’ New Website, Grantland, Launches Next Wednesday At Noon
Bill Simmons announced on Twitter today that his new website, Grantland.com, will launch on Wednesday, June 8th, at noon.
Up until now, the site had a not-so-concrete start time in June. But the word from Simmons is that – surprise! – the most anticipated sports blog ever is less than a week away.
The site features an impressive collection of talent, and will feature longer pieces than your traditional, quick-hitting blog post. But pulling it together hasn’t been easy.
Simmons has recently expressed frustration over the drudgery involved in launching the site, and in a radio interview with fellow ESPNer Tony Kornheiser, he noted that it’s a lot easier when you only have to worry about yourself. In a New York Times Magazine piece that hit the web Tuesday night, he said creating Grantland hadn’t been “as much fun” as he originally thought it would be.
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Manu Ginobili's Shoe Exploded During a Game
- Pistons Fans Start Petition For Rasheed Wallace To Coach
- Is LeBron Set To Stay In Miami?