- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Snowmobiler Caleb Moore, Who Crashed During The X Games, Has Died
On January 24th, X Games snowmobiler Caleb Moore crashed during a backflip attempt at the snowmobile freestyle final and suffered a concussion after his head smashed into the ground and his snowmobile landed on top of him. But during his evaluation, doctors discovered bleeding on his heart and he was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Junction, Colorado.
“This morning Caleb Moore passed away. He will be truly missed and never forgotten.
The family wishes to express their deep gratitude for all the prayers and support they have received from all the fans, friends and family around the world that Caleb has inspired.
They would also like to thank the physicians and medical staff at both Aspen Valley Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital, Grand Junction for their care and dedication.
At this time, the family will not be making any other public statements. They continue to decline interviews. Thank you for continuing to respect the family’s privacy during this difficult time.
Arrangements for a celebration of life are being made and an announcement will be made in the coming days.”
Moore is the first athlete to die at the X Games in its 17-year history, and ESPN also released a statement (via USA Today):
“‘He will be remembered for his natural passion for life and his deep love for his family and friends, and he will always be an inspiration to everyone he touched in the action sports community.’
ESPN added that it will conduct a thorough review of the snowmobiling discipline and adopt any appropriate changes. The company says it works closely on safety issues with athletes and other sports experts.
‘Still, when the world’s best compete at the highest level in any sport, risks remain,’ the statement said. ‘Caleb was a four-time X Games medalist attempting a move he has landed several times previously.’”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts