- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Radio Call Of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100th Point
Today marks the 50th anniversary of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game, when the then-Philadelphia-Warrior went off in a 169-147 victory over the New York Knicks. Because the modern game is the way it is — the competition level is much higher, and defenses are simply too quick — it’s a record that will probably never be broken. This is a rarity in sports.
There’s no video of The Stilt’s record night, but there wasaudio, which we bring to you courtesy of Awful Announcing. Warriors play-by-play-man Bill Campbell had the call. Also, something I learned upon listening to this broadcast for the first time: Big Dipper missed a bunch of times under the basket before hitting the century mark. But, never one to miss out on a statistical benchmark, he kept at it until 100 had been conquered.
- Filed Under:
- Wilt Chamberlain
- Jessica Eye Stripped of Victory - Continues to Fight
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot