- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
The Radio Call Of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100th Point
Today marks the 50th anniversary of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game, when the then-Philadelphia-Warrior went off in a 169-147 victory over the New York Knicks. Because the modern game is the way it is — the competition level is much higher, and defenses are simply too quick — it’s a record that will probably never be broken. This is a rarity in sports.
There’s no video of The Stilt’s record night, but there wasaudio, which we bring to you courtesy of Awful Announcing. Warriors play-by-play-man Bill Campbell had the call. Also, something I learned upon listening to this broadcast for the first time: Big Dipper missed a bunch of times under the basket before hitting the century mark. But, never one to miss out on a statistical benchmark, he kept at it until 100 had been conquered.
- Filed Under:
- Wilt Chamberlain
- Have You Seen Colin Kaepernick's New Tattoo?
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Warren Sapp Admits to Stiffing Waitress at Bar
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams