- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Radio Call Of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100th Point
Today marks the 50th anniversary of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game, when the then-Philadelphia-Warrior went off in a 169-147 victory over the New York Knicks. Because the modern game is the way it is — the competition level is much higher, and defenses are simply too quick — it’s a record that will probably never be broken. This is a rarity in sports.
There’s no video of The Stilt’s record night, but there wasaudio, which we bring to you courtesy of Awful Announcing. Warriors play-by-play-man Bill Campbell had the call. Also, something I learned upon listening to this broadcast for the first time: Big Dipper missed a bunch of times under the basket before hitting the century mark. But, never one to miss out on a statistical benchmark, he kept at it until 100 had been conquered.
- Filed Under:
- Wilt Chamberlain
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts