- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Chris Webber Calls Dallas Mavericks Soft, Says Dirk “Should Be Fined” For Not Helping Teammate
TNT analyst Chris Webber called the Dallas Mavericks “soft,” and said the Mavs’ Dirk Nowitzki and Brendan Haywood “should be fined” after both big men failed to participate in a pushing and shoving skirmish that resulted in four players being ejected.
The Mavericks went into the Staples Center last night just a game-and-a-half back of the Los Angeles Lakers for second place in the West, and looked to make a statement against the dominant team in their conference. Instead, they were embarrassed in Los Angeles, beaten by 28 and reminded that the Lakers may still, in fact, be their daddy.
“You play against teams, and certain teams are like children,” said Webber. “Certain teams are like the bully you don’t want to play.”
He reserved his sharpest criticism for Nowitzki and Haywood:
“Jason Terry is the only Dallas Maverick that does something. Look at Dirk Nowitzki, look at these two big guys, look at Haywood. They deserve to be fined.”
Here’s the full video of his comments last night:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story