- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Colin Cowherd Thinks College Athletes Should Be More Like Jesus
Colin Cowherd claimed athletes who accept improper benefits “lack ethics” and urged them to be more like Jesus on his The Herd With Colin Cowherd radio program Thursday morning.
Responding to arguments that it’s reasonable for poor college students to accept cash or other benefits, Cowherd said “Jesus was a pauper” and that being poor does not excuse one from lacking “ethics” and “taking money that isn’t theirs”:
The full text of his rant:
One of the things yesterday, during that whole Miami football scandal, you know, one of the lamest excuses people use all the time is these Miami players are poor and so they took payouts. That’s a lame excuse for lacking ethics. Being poor, rich and poor in morality are separate issues, ok? The man, Jesus, was a pauper, ok? He didn’t care about material things and watches and yacht trips. And you’re poor. Nobody is — nobody lacks ethics because they’re poor. There are millions of Americans who are categorized financially as poor who have ethics and don’t take things that belong to them. The truth is, though, people don’t like to admit their faults. Very few people will own their own baggage. That’s why therapy is good for all of us. So people make excuses for doing things. I’m poor so i took $30,000 from a booster. No, you lack ethics, and you just happened to be poor. But a lot of poor people don’t take money that’s not their money.
In Cowherd’s world, taking money that’s being offered to you is “not your money,” which I suppose means every time Cowherd cashes his paycheck it’s stealing.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Who's To Blame For The 49ers Passing Game?