- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
“For Realsies,” This Friday Night Lights Movie News Better Be Right
The moment the acclaimed TV series Friday Night Lights ended its broadcast run earlier this year, fans mourned the loss of one of television’s best shows, and arguably best-ever characters. While there were small moments of satisfaction still to be had for diehards (Emmy wins for star Kyle Chandler and outstanding writing for a drama series), it was no substitute for having the show around. And while the show’s not coming back, there have been some rumors that we might get the next-best thing: a movie. And today, Connie Britton (i.e. Tami Taylor) gave Us Weekly the most encouraging sign yet that this movie just might happen:
“It’s happening for realsies.”
While there are lines that might inspire more confidence that a movie studio is going to make the serious investment required to perform the substantial task of making a major motion picture than “for realsies”…we’ll take it! Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, though: almost as soon as she said it’s happening, she offered some more qualified optimism:
“Pete is totally fired up to do it and I know Jason Katims is talking about writing a script. I think it’s really a matter of…getting everyone’s busy schedules aligned and making it happen. It kind of feels like there’s a lot of commitment to it…I for one will do my part in trying to push it along.”
This, of course, is good. The creative team needed to make this movie seems to be all for making this movie, and that’s a big positive step. But those schedules have to align. And a studio has to greenlight it. But the momentum sure seems to be going in the right direction. And the prospect of seeing Coach and Tami and Gracie (in Philly!), Matt, Julie, the Riggins clan, Vince, Luke, Becky, Landry, Tyra, Lyla, Buddy, Street, hopefully Smash and his mom, Lorraine Saracen, Tinker, and more? That possibility is just too tantalizing not to get excited for. Man, this combined with the Arrested Development news, and this week is almost too good for fans of cult favorite TV shows. Let’s hope more good news is on the way.
Photo via Coach & Mrs. Coach – Tumblr
- Filed Under:
- friday night lights
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story