- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Crygate: Miami Heat Respond To Crying Controversy, Blame “Sensationalist” Media
Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra brushed off questions about his team crying in the locker room following a regular season loss yesterday. Spoelstra spoke with reporters during practice today, saying that he was surprised that “Crygate,” as he dubbed it, had made news at all.
“Nobody was whimpering in the locker room,” said Spoelstra. “I think you guys are really searching for sensationalism right now.”
In addition to Spoelstra’s downplaying of the incident, both LeBron James and Dwyane Wade appeared relaxed and positive during practice, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. James said that Spoelstra is “the captain,” and that the team stands behind whatever he says.
Watch video of Spoelstra’s comments below, followed by a bit of analysis by Windhorst, via ESPN. It’s worth noting that Windhorst isn’t exactly buying what the Heat are feeding him: he thinks that the downplaying of the crying incident is a bit of an act on Miami’s part. But, at least for now, it appears their entire team is on board with this public relations strategy.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts