- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
America: Who Ripped On NBC And The Olympics Better, Jon Stewart Or Stephen Colbert?
Yeah, the Olympics’ opening ceremonies were a few days ago now, but it’s never too late to rip on some of the more absurd aspects of the ceremony… and NBC’s coverage of same. Hell, ripping on NBC is pretty much the in thing to do at the Games so far, given how NBC caused you to see the opening ceremony hours after it happened (you know, if you didn’t illegally stream it, of course), and how they complained and got a guy who was criticizing them kicked off Twitter, to name two. And that doesn’t even get into NBC’s running commentary of the spectacle, which featured gems like effusive praise for Queen Elizabeth II’s “wicked sense of humor” as she stood stone-faced and was applauded by equally-serious-looking men in suits surrounding her.
And if there’s a prominent media event (and prominent media coverage) to make fun of, it’s a good bet that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will be there to take a few hacks. And sure enough, last night, both did, leading off their shows with their own version of Olympics coverage. Jon Stewart’s barbs were aimed mostly at NBC itself, while the arch-Britishness of the whole affair proved too tempting for Colbert to mock to spend too much time on NBC’s coverage.
Which segment you’ll like better probably depends mostly on whether you’d rather see NBC or the ceremonies themselves get mocked, but considering both targets were so ripe for the zinging, we think you’ll find it in yourselves to enjoy both. You can see them below, and let us know: which fake news show did it better?
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?