- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Dan Patrick Drops By Countdown With Keith Olbermann, Casts ESPN: The Movie
Keith Olbermann invited his old SportsCenter co-host Dan Patrick onto Countdown Thursday night, and together they reminisced about their days on ESPN and tried to cast ESPN: The Book: The Movie.
The segment referenced Ryan Yoder‘s Awful Announcing piece on how to turn a 1,000-page book into a feature film, specifically that it focus on the development of SportsCenter. The suggestions leaned toward the comedic rather than the serious, especially the suggestions of Jon Stewart or Craig Ferguson playing Craig Kilborn:
If Dan Patrick’s suggestions sound familiar, it’s because a lot of them were shared when SportsGrid cast the movie ourselves. Patrick covered our version on his show July 12th:
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee