- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Do Not Videobomb Philadelphia TV Sports Director Mike Zambelli
Mike Zambelli is well known in the greater Philadelphia region as the sports director for Service Electric (TV2, Channel 69 News), and as the voice of Lehigh University football and the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Triple-A International League baseball). That’s pretty mucjh all I know about him, except that it’s not wise to barge into his live TV report while wearing a Batman T-shirt.
It happened on Saturday night at a thing called Musikfest, in Bethlehem, PA. Zambelli was on air with the station’s sports analyst, Steve Degler, when dude walks up and gets right in the shot, putting an arm around Zambelli. Not sure what was said, but Zambelli reacted by punching the guy.
“He startled me, so I reacted,” Zambelli said. “He ran off …. It’s not a big deal.”
Before the unidentified guy could finish his “I love you man” hug, Zambelli hit him in the mid-section with a straight right and the man ran off as Musikfest security gave chase.
Bethlehem police Chief Mark Diluzio said the video, while “hilarious,” did not result in a report to police.
For their part, Service Electric executives are hoping this is the one video in which ratings stay low. You won’t find the feed on Service Electric’s Web page, but an industrious viewer from Nazareth videotaped the feed from her television and posted it to her Instagram page.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts