- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Donald Sterling Is Still The Most Racist Sports Owner In America
“Donald Sterling makes Rush Limbaugh look like Martin Luther King Jr.” So begins this Jemele Hill piece from almost exactly a year ago today, after it was discovered that Sterling tenants were discriminated against based on their race.
To put Hill’s words in simpler terms, Donald Sterling, the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, is very, very racist. And today, we’re given more proof that Ms. Hill nailed that one.
Sterling is currently being sued by former Clippers general manager Elgin Baylor for wrongful termination, and the resulting court documents have produced some pretty awful remarks made by Sterling.
After interviewing then-Clippers-assistant Jim Brewer for the team’s head coaching job, Sterling allegedly made this remark:
“And when he finished, Donald said something that was very shocking to me. He said, ‘Personally, I would like to have a white Southern coach coaching poor black players. And I was shocked. And he looked at me and said, ‘Do you think that’s a racist statement?’ I said, ‘Absolutely. That’s plantation mentality.”
After low-balling Danny Manning:
“When Manning’s agent told Sterling that the offer was unacceptable, Sterling responded by saying it was a lot of money.
Said Baylor, in the deposition: “Donald T. said, ‘Well that’s a lot of money for a poor black … ‘ – I think he said kid. For a poor black kid I think. For a poor black something, kid or boy or something. Poor black. Poor black.”
Should the Clippers–all black aside from Chris Kaman–actually be expected to respect this man? It’d be hard to blame them if they decide to lay an egg tonight in New Orleans.
David Stern needs to man up and lay the law down with Sterling once and for all. Need more proof? For a complete run-down of why Sterling is so, so evil, check out this rap sheet put together by Deadspin’s Tommy Craggs.
[via Bill Simmons]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts