- Ndamukong Suh Roughs Chad Henne, Hasn't Changed At All (GIF)
- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- The Suns Are Trying To Slide In And Snag Kevin Love At The Last Second
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Dwight Howard Is Voicing A Turkey In A Movie! Here’s Howard, Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree And Shawn Marion Auditioning For Stuff
Dwight Howard will spend his offseason
rededicating himself to basketball and the Lakers and the NBA because, god, what was he doing this year playing “Cold Turkey” in Relativity and Reel FX’s Free Birds!
He plays Cold Turkey, one of the Wild Turkeys that Jake (voiced by Woody Harrelson) and Reggie (voiced by Owen Wilson) meet when they travel back in time to try and get turkeys off the Thanksgiving Day menu. Amy Poehler, George Takei, Dan Fogler, Colm Meaney, Eddie ‘Piolin’ Sotelo, Danny Carey, Josh Lawson and Keith David also lend their voices to the film. Howard has a relationship to the label as he is represented by Relativity Sports. The Jimmy Hayward-directed film opens November 1. Scott Mosier, Craig Mazin, John Strauss and David l. Stern produce from a script by Stern and Strauss. Mazin did a rewrite.
D12 is also in this Relativity Sports short film, with Dez, Crabtree and Marion. Marion steals the show at 1:28 (but the whole video is worth a view, if not a few).
One serious wrinkle: Dwight Howard is a free agent. He clearly likes being in Los Angeles. The Lakers suck, but his love of being on camera can’t hurt their chances…
(Oh, yeah. I think I’m supposed to make the following joke, as a snarky bloggerer. Maybe if Dwight Howard didn’t spend so much time acting, he’d be able to make a darn free throw!)
- Filed Under:
- Dwight Howard
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'