- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
English Soccer Club Sacks Mascot After She Poses In Her Underwear
Update: Tracey Chandler has been offered her job back. Doncaster chairman John Ryan said, “We were just a bit concerned about the sexualisation of young children, it’s a tricky area these days, we’re putting it right, maybe it was a mistake. Chandler told the BBC, “I just couldn’t believe it. It were better than winning the lottery to me, it was just brilliant.”
English soccer club Doncaster Rovers fired Tracy Chandler, the woman who played the mascot Donny Dog after she posed in her underwear.
The 40-year-old and mother of three posed in her knickers alongside Donny’s head to raise money for a children’s charity. She was sacked after four years of voluntarily playing the mascot. She did not inform the club about her pictures, but it was to raise money for a charity. She claims the photos were “tastefully done” – judge for yourself.
I’m absolutely devastated. I’ve not stopped crying all morning. It just said that they didn’t need my services any more and that I’d disgraced the club…
Maybe they have forgotten but it wasn’t that long ago that some of the players did a naked calendar for charity.
In fact, it’s the same charity (NSPCC) that Chandler raised money for via her spread. Take a stand if you want, but don’t have a double standard. The club is not commenting on the matter.
Photo via The Sun (Ross Parry/Jonathan Pow)
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success