- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
English Soccer Club Sacks Mascot After She Poses In Her Underwear
Update: Tracey Chandler has been offered her job back. Doncaster chairman John Ryan said, “We were just a bit concerned about the sexualisation of young children, it’s a tricky area these days, we’re putting it right, maybe it was a mistake. Chandler told the BBC, “I just couldn’t believe it. It were better than winning the lottery to me, it was just brilliant.”
English soccer club Doncaster Rovers fired Tracy Chandler, the woman who played the mascot Donny Dog after she posed in her underwear.
The 40-year-old and mother of three posed in her knickers alongside Donny’s head to raise money for a children’s charity. She was sacked after four years of voluntarily playing the mascot. She did not inform the club about her pictures, but it was to raise money for a charity. She claims the photos were “tastefully done” – judge for yourself.
I’m absolutely devastated. I’ve not stopped crying all morning. It just said that they didn’t need my services any more and that I’d disgraced the club…
Maybe they have forgotten but it wasn’t that long ago that some of the players did a naked calendar for charity.
In fact, it’s the same charity (NSPCC) that Chandler raised money for via her spread. Take a stand if you want, but don’t have a double standard. The club is not commenting on the matter.
Photo via The Sun (Ross Parry/Jonathan Pow)
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story