- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
Erin Andrews Sounds Like She’s Happy She Left ESPN
Like most outgoing talent, Erin Andrews celebrated her liberation from ESPN by appearing on the Dan Patrick Show. (ESPN bans its employees from appearing on Patrick’s show, since the former SportsCenter anchor has made a habit of criticizing the company on the air.) Unlike most former ESPNers, she didn’t flip over any tables on her way out.
There was no bomb dropped, no Feldmanesque torching of Bristol. What did come through was that Andrews sounded excited (and sort of relieved) to leave the company that we — and many others — didn’t think she’d leave.
“It was very hard,” she told Dan Patrick, formerly of ESPN. “It was time I got a kick in the rear, and you know I’m a competitive person, I’m not going to repeat word for word what you told me, but I think it was true…I need to just keep working and get better and I think that was the biggest thing.”
Good for you, Erin Andrews. All you’ve been hearing for the last few weeks is how limited you are, and how staying at ESPN was really the thing you should do because they’re the only ones that wanted you. That obviously wasn’t the case, and now, you’ll be doing the MLB All-Star game, the MLB playoffs, some studio work, and patrolling the sidelines at NFL games.
Later on, Patrick asked her about whether or not she’d gotten too famous for ESPN — a company that, Patrick noted, doesn’t really like it when its talent gets too famous.
“I very much feel like I’m a massive dork, you know that. I just kind of laugh at all of it. There are times when you wake up in the morning and your friends are texting you that your picture was on TMZ or you’re walking through the airport and you’re [saying] ‘why, I don’t get it? Lamar Odom was just on my flight,” Andrews said. “Why is this such a big deal?”
Here’s a clip of the interview, including what she asked for from FOX during contract negotiations.
[h/t Orlando Sentinel]
- 100 Awesome Pictures of Pro Athletes as Rookies
- WWE Diva AJ Shows Some Skin
- Alana Blanchard: The Hottest Sufer in the World
- Johnny Manziel's Girlfriend Big Hit on Internet