- This Butt-Check In Last Night's Sharks-Kings Game Was A Lot More Violent Than The Butt-Fumble
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Scott Engel's One On One: The Entrepreneur-Catcher John Buck
- Is This The Saddest Sports GIF Ever?
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
ESPN Is Sorry That Brent Musburger Creeped On The Women In AJ McCarron’s Life
During last night’s BCS Championship, ESPN’s Brent Musburger just couldn’t help but creep on AJ McCarron’s girlfriend Katherine Webb and mother Dee Dee Bonner. It was a little old-man-uncle creepy, but more laughably harmless than anything. Still, ESPN, for whatever reason, felt the need to apologize.
Here’s ESPN’s statement, via head PR man Josh Krulewitz:
“We always try to capture interesting storylines and the relationship between an Auburn grad who is Miss Alabama and the current Alabama quarterback certainly met that test. However, we apologize that the commentary in this instance went too far and Brent understands that.”
So maybe it did go a bit too far, but ESPN could have easily ignored this “controversy,” which would have dissipated rather quickly. Instead they threw Musburger under the bus and we all get to think about it some more. Guess it’s just that kind of day.
- Why Michael Jordan Ruined It For LeBron
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics
- The 13 Hottest Girlfriends of Derek Jeter
- Paddleboarding Adventures with Alex Morgan