- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
ESPN Wants To Ruin Your Weekend, Expands First Take To Saturday
We wouldn’t kid about these things because we care about you. Apparently five days of ESPN’s First Take just isn’t quite enough, so the show will be expanding to six days a week with the inclusion of Saturdays (8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.). Rob Parker will be the primary debater, with Cari Champion hosting and a slew of to-be-named-later co-hosts yapping their holier-than-thou heads off.
The projected start date for this abomination is December 8th, which also happens to be my birthday, which also happens to be a horribly unfortunate coincidence.
He also apparently tweeted the news, though the tweet appears to now be deleted.
“@robparkerespn: Starting Dec 8th,a trial run of First Take on Saturday morningNo Skip or Stephen A, I will be there.” Terrible idea
— Ryan Helin (@Ryanhelin) November 27, 2012
He did, however, send this second, boldfaced lie of a tweet:
We will debate fresh topics as normal with a host of other debaters you usually see. It’s just an expansion of the show you already luv.
— Rob Parker (@RobParkerESPN) November 27, 2012
As Awful Announcing also noted, most adults won’t be subjected to the useless drivel because Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. are filled with sleep and no First Take and sleep, so we suspect ESPN may be targeting small children. No more cartoons for you, fragile and uncorrupted minds of the future. You need to learn why advanced (not actually that advanced) baseball metric stats are MADE BY DEVIL NERDS.
At the very least, Stephen. A Smith and Skip Bayless have weekends off, so there’s that. Because everyone knows Stephen A. Smith can’t quite keep it clean all the time. It’s all about the children, right?
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- San Francisco 49ers the Most Hated Team in the US?
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap