- Stephen A. Smith Goes Off On Steelers Running Backs For Their Weed Bust
- TBT: That Time The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Magician
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
F-Bomb Goof-Up News Anchor Wants Job At ESPN
He’s the most famous local news anchor since the “Boom goes the dynamite” guy, and now he’s shooting for bigger things. The problem is though that A.J. Clemente isn’t getting any actual job offers, even though he’s seemingly been on every news and talk show this week.
Clemente made the most infamous on-air gaffe in recent memory when, on his first day on the job as weekend news anchor at KFYR-TV in Bismarck, ND, his first words were “Fucking shit.” Clemente apparently did not know the camera was rolling, even though the co-host was speaking.
Clemente was first suspended by the station (an NBC affiliate), a video of his blunder went viral, and the next day he was fired.
But a wave of support for the hapless 24-year-old soon hit, as he was summoned to shows such as NBC’s Today, Live! With Kelly and Michael, and Late Night With David Letterman to explain his plight and receive words of encouragement. On Wednesday’s Letterman appearance, Dave asked him if he’d want to return to his job in Bismarck if they’d have him.
“Sure,” Clemente said. “But if ESPN comes knocking, I’d have to take that.”
“Look, I’m trying to get you the job back in Bismarck, forget about ESPN. That ain’t gonna happen. You’re going back to Bismarck.”
Clemente said that after the show on Sunday, he “crawled into bed and called my parents.”
Of course, ESPN has employed a lot of people who have done worse things than Clemente. And how about NBC? Clemente is fired by an NBC affiliate, and the network then goes and makes money off his back by bringing him on the Today show. What balls.
Favorite part: Letterman: “You were trying to get out the name of the winner of the London Marathon. And I know that the folks in Bismarck were on the edge of their seats wondering who won the London Marathon.”
- Filed Under:
- david letterman
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- WBC Lifts Suspension Against Adrien Broner
- Andre Ward Dares To Confront Golovkin
- Shannon Briggs Storms Wladimir Klitschko's Training Camp