- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- Report: Ray Rice Case To Be First In NFL History Decided By Arbitrator
- SNL's 'Honest NFL Player Introductions' Has Just The Right Amount Of Awesome
- How To Watch NFL Games On TV Without Horrible Commentary
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
ESPN Has Ray Lewis, And Now Fox Sports 1 Has Brian Urlacher. The Games Have Begun.
ESPN bolstered its football coverage by hiring a charismatic (that’s a euphemism for escaped murder charges!), legendary linebacker, Ray Lewis. Fox Sports 1 has tried to match them by hiring a different charismatic, legendary linebacker, Brian Urlacher.
A source said Urlacher, an 8-time Pro Bowler, was heavily courted by the NFL Network, but choose Fox instead. Urlacher will be part of the Fox Football Daily on Fox Sports 1, joining Curt Menefee, Jay Glazer, Ronde Barber and others. The show will go head-to-head against ESPN’s Sportscenter at 6 pm EST beginning August 19th.
We think Fox Sports 1 has a legit shot to challenge ESPN in the marketplace, to a degree, and this is definitely a great hire, even though Urlacher might not be as interesting (or charismatic!) an analyst as Lewis.
Fox Sports 1 is giving ESPN reason to sweat a couple drops, and that’s good for everyone.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts