- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Sports Radio Icon Mike Francesa Thinks Tweeting Should Be Against The Law
New York City broadcasting legend (and noted fan of stealthy afternoon treats) Mike Francesa is, in many respects, a curmudgeonly uncle to the tri-state area’s drive-time sports audience, and ever since the departure of his onetime running partner and one true love Chris Russo, the saltier aspects of Francesa’s personality have had time to marinate in an endless void of heavy breathing and dead air. (This is what happens when you have no one to talk to but yourself.)
Not to say that watching Mike Francesa get angry about things isn’t enjoyable. Indeed, like some sausage and peppers that have been grilled just long enough at a Suffolk County barbecue, his grouchy act has been charbroiled to perfection. And at no time is that dour soapboxing more fun to listen to than when ol’ Mike talks about emerging technologies.
Via Jimmy Traina, and the magic toaster oven of moving pictures Jimmy Traina has in his Sports Illustrated office, comes this clip of The Diet Coke Kid decrying the evils of Twitter.
In short: it should be outlawred.
This, despite the fact that Mike doesn’t entirely grasp how Twitter works.
Mike Francesa on WFAN/YES: “Do you have to pay to tweet?”
— Jimmy Traina (@JimmyTraina) May 15, 2012
But you know what? New York still loves him. He is so deeply ingrained in the area’s sports media landscape, that no matter how cranky his monologues get (or how often he flips out on Jets fans) New York will continue to love him, until WFAN’s producers pry his cold, dead fingers away from the can of soda perennially parked next to his studio’s microphone. He is, after all, part of the family.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen