- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
The U.S. Women’s Soccer Celebration T-Shirts Irked Some People
The United States women’s soccer gold team’s medal path was paved with controversy. From Hope Solo’s off-color commentary on color commentary to the call that was (or wasn’t), the gold medal journey wasn’t without its fair share of headlines.
Even after beating Japan in the Olympic final, the U.S. women were stirring the pot. Specifically, Canadian soccer writer Jerrad Peters of The Score took offense with shirts that some of the United States players wore on the field shortly after winning the gold:
USA players have donned t-shirts reading “Greatness has been found.” That, in a nutshell, is why no one outside the US likes them.
— Jerrad Peters (@peterssoccer) August 9, 2012
The shirts, which read “Greatness Has Been Found, United We Stand,” were Nike’s newest creation, special-made for the U.S. team. Whether or not the shirts would have been revealed had the United States lost is unknown, but Nike really doesn’t care – as Off the Bench points out, the shirts can be purchased here for $29.95, so Nike’s good to go.
h/t Off the Bench
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts