- Hall Of Famer On Manziel: 'You're Not Johnny Football. You're Johnny Rookie Bitch'
- Ugly NHL-Themed Xmas Sweaters (An Idea We Thought Of First) Are Here
- MLB Trade Rumors, Injury Updates, Trends And News
- Rob Ford On A Teeter Totter Is The Reason The Internet Exists
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Photos Of Hannah Storm After She Suffered First Degree Burns Are Jarring
On New Year’s Day, ESPN’s Hannah Storm returned to work the Rose Parade telecast just three weeks after suffering first and second degree burns in a terrifying-sounding propane grill accident. Storm, who was preparing dinner for her family outside her Connecticut home on the evening of the accident, noticed the flame on her grill had gone out. She turned off the gas, but when she reignited it, it exploded and “a wall of flame came at [her].”
Storm suffered first and second degree burns, and she lost her eyebrows, eyelashes, and some of the hair on her head. She spoke with ABC News about the incident, and shared some of the photos taken of her at the Trauma and Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center. Those photos are tough to look at.
Getting back on TV so soon after the accident must have been tough — self-consciousness about her appearance aside (unfounded self-consciousness: she looked great), there were logistical issues, like the painful process of turning the pages of her script on the day of the telecast. But Storm did it: She sat in a makeup artist’s chair, got some eyebrows brushed on her (“I wanted to kiss [the makeup artist], it looked so good,”) and hosted the Rose Parade. That took guts.
- Filed Under:
- Hannah Storm
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts