- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Holocaust Reference? Edmonton Sun Apologizes For Training Camp Cover
This is one of the things I miss least about working in print journalism — realizing there’s a rather glaring error in the paper, just as the paperboy is throwing it onto someone’s front porch. Delete! Delete! (echo …) Anyway, this isn’t so much a mistake as it is a misunderstanding.
The Edmonton Sun’s cover for its Edmonton Eskimos CFL preview edition featured the headline you see above. Some apparently took this as a reference to Nazi concentration camps, and were not amused. The Sun has apologized.
— Edmonton Sun (@Edmontonsun) June 12, 2013
“Good one, Edmonton Sun.” —things no Jew would say upon opening today’s paper twitter.com/Wittmeier/stat…
— Omar Mouallem (@omar_aok) June 12, 2013
— CN (@ninerchick05) June 12, 2013
— musicbaum (@musicbaum) June 12, 2013
Being neither Canadian nor Jewish, I feel I must recuse myself from this debate. An intern shall now place the gag over my mouth.
MMmmf, mff, mmmfff mmf. MMMFF! Mmfff, mmff. Mmmmf.
(Controversy solved, Internet grateful. I am named to the Order of Canada).
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts