- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Holocaust Reference? Edmonton Sun Apologizes For Training Camp Cover
This is one of the things I miss least about working in print journalism — realizing there’s a rather glaring error in the paper, just as the paperboy is throwing it onto someone’s front porch. Delete! Delete! (echo …) Anyway, this isn’t so much a mistake as it is a misunderstanding.
The Edmonton Sun’s cover for its Edmonton Eskimos CFL preview edition featured the headline you see above. Some apparently took this as a reference to Nazi concentration camps, and were not amused. The Sun has apologized.
— Edmonton Sun (@Edmontonsun) June 12, 2013
“Good one, Edmonton Sun.” —things no Jew would say upon opening today’s paper twitter.com/Wittmeier/stat…
— Omar Mouallem (@omar_aok) June 12, 2013
— CN (@ninerchick05) June 12, 2013
— musicbaum (@musicbaum) June 12, 2013
Being neither Canadian nor Jewish, I feel I must recuse myself from this debate. An intern shall now place the gag over my mouth.
MMmmf, mff, mmmfff mmf. MMMFF! Mmfff, mmff. Mmmmf.
(Controversy solved, Internet grateful. I am named to the Order of Canada).
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs