- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Opening Ceremony Video: The Athletes Without A Country Had A Memorable Dance Routine (And The Most Fun)
Leave it to the athletes who didn’t have a country to be the ones who were the happiest to be there. The four athletes who came to the Olympics as “independent athletes” — athletes who couldn’t or wouldn’t compete for their native lands for a variety of personal and political reasons — had a pretty fantastic dance routine going on at the Opening Ceremony.
One such athlete is marathoner Guor Marial, a refugee from the Sudanese civil war who’s been living in the U.S. since 2001. He can’t compete for South Sudan (they have no Olympic team) and can’t compete for the U.S. (he has a green card and refugee status, but isn’t a full-on citizen). But you know what? He’s at the Olympics anyway.
And he’s really freakin’ happy about it.
Olympic joy, summed up in one video, here:
Video via CJ Fogler.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO