- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Reportedly Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Opening Ceremony Video: The Athletes Without A Country Had A Memorable Dance Routine (And The Most Fun)
Leave it to the athletes who didn’t have a country to be the ones who were the happiest to be there. The four athletes who came to the Olympics as “independent athletes” — athletes who couldn’t or wouldn’t compete for their native lands for a variety of personal and political reasons — had a pretty fantastic dance routine going on at the Opening Ceremony.
One such athlete is marathoner Guor Marial, a refugee from the Sudanese civil war who’s been living in the U.S. since 2001. He can’t compete for South Sudan (they have no Olympic team) and can’t compete for the U.S. (he has a green card and refugee status, but isn’t a full-on citizen). But you know what? He’s at the Olympics anyway.
And he’s really freakin’ happy about it.
Olympic joy, summed up in one video, here:
Video via CJ Fogler.
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO