- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Opening Ceremony Video: The Athletes Without A Country Had A Memorable Dance Routine (And The Most Fun)
Leave it to the athletes who didn’t have a country to be the ones who were the happiest to be there. The four athletes who came to the Olympics as “independent athletes” — athletes who couldn’t or wouldn’t compete for their native lands for a variety of personal and political reasons — had a pretty fantastic dance routine going on at the Opening Ceremony.
One such athlete is marathoner Guor Marial, a refugee from the Sudanese civil war who’s been living in the U.S. since 2001. He can’t compete for South Sudan (they have no Olympic team) and can’t compete for the U.S. (he has a green card and refugee status, but isn’t a full-on citizen). But you know what? He’s at the Olympics anyway.
And he’s really freakin’ happy about it.
Olympic joy, summed up in one video, here:
Video via CJ Fogler.
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- Reconstructing Manny Pacquiao | RingTV
- NBA's Best Friends Reunited in Philly
- Replacing The Florida Football Coach