- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Spring Training Talk: Jose Abreu Is Hot, Cole Hamels Is Not
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Opening Ceremony Video: The Athletes Without A Country Had A Memorable Dance Routine (And The Most Fun)
Leave it to the athletes who didn’t have a country to be the ones who were the happiest to be there. The four athletes who came to the Olympics as “independent athletes” — athletes who couldn’t or wouldn’t compete for their native lands for a variety of personal and political reasons — had a pretty fantastic dance routine going on at the Opening Ceremony.
One such athlete is marathoner Guor Marial, a refugee from the Sudanese civil war who’s been living in the U.S. since 2001. He can’t compete for South Sudan (they have no Olympic team) and can’t compete for the U.S. (he has a green card and refugee status, but isn’t a full-on citizen). But you know what? He’s at the Olympics anyway.
And he’s really freakin’ happy about it.
Olympic joy, summed up in one video, here:
Video via CJ Fogler.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager