- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Irate High School Basketball Player Throws Referee To Ground (Video)
Above, you can view the most shocking video we’ve seen thus far today. It depicts a sequence from a recent high school basketball game in Florida between DeSoto County and Port Charlotte. For the first 1:20 of the video, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happens. Then, things get nutty.
A DeSoto player and Port Charlotte player got into a minor scuffle after an inbound pass, which appeared to get the involved DeSoto player ejected from the game. He was, um, not happy about this. First, he pleaded with the official. Then, that didn’t work, so he shoved the official (very bad decision #1). Then, he felt his work wasn’t done, so he actually wrestled the official (and himself) to the ground (very bad decision #2).
Fort Myers News-Press sportswriter Carl Bleich (Mad Magazine parody name: Carl BLECCH) alerted The Big Lead to the video; they then posted it and unsuccessfully tried to learn the player’s name (he might still be a minor, so DeSoto wasn’t at liberty to divulge his identity, and the school’s MaxPreps page doesn’t list a roster, so that method won’t work, either).
The game ended in forfeit after the player from Desoto High School in Arcadia, FL attacked the referee. The player has been removed from the team and may be facing expulsion as well as legal ramifications.
We’d say that sounds about right. We also have to wonder if anything else happened early in the game that might have made tempers flare, just because of how insanely fast things spiral out of control in the video. Either way, the player has to be wishing he’d handled this whole situation a tad differently.
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship