- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The Daily Show Worries That Jeremy Lin Is Stealing Basketball From Black People
The Jeremy Lin insanity (wait…Lin insanity…LINsanity! I’M A GENIUS) shows no immediate signs of coming to a halt, and its continuation is giving just about everyone a chance to chime in on the sensation while people still care about it. Last night, The Daily Show joined the fray (The Colbert Report, of course, already did earlier in the week), and their take was one of the best yet. Under the guise of discussing Black History month, Daily Show Senior Black Correspondent Larry Wilmore instead lamented the Asian-American takeover of the NBA:
You know the segment’s good when even the performers (assuming they’re not Jimmy Fallon) can’t get through it without laughing. Personally, we might have had just as hard a time getting through “Martin Luther Kung-Pow.” There was no shortage of good lines in general – the 3.1 GPA being an “Asian F,” the worry about Carmelo Anthony’s job being outsourced to Asia (and Stewart’s explanation of why that’s not the case showed the Daily Show writing team knows its stuff, Knicks-wise).
Oh, and The Daily Show wasn’t even the only late-night program to talk Lin last night – Conan devoted a brief segment to the Lin fortune cookie graphic kerfuffle as well. But for us, The Daily Show won the night – even if we had to disagree with Wilmore’s solution to the “problem” of Lin’s emergence. Neil deGrasse Tyson deserves better.
- Ranking The NFL QB's In The 7 TD Club
- Top 5 NFL Landing Spots for Alabama Crimson Tide Coach
- Top 5 Reasons the New York Giants Suck
- Top 15 2014 NFL Draft Quarterback Prospects