- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Linsanity Is Dead? New Knicks Coach Going All-In On Carmelo And Amar’e
When Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni resigned suddenly on Wednesday, we wondered if that might be bad news for Jeremy Lin, who turned out to be such a good fit for the coach’s offense. And it turns out that… yeah, it probably was (for now, at least). Knicks interim coach Mike Woodson made clear that Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony will be his “go-to guys coming down the stretch.” There’s nothing wrong with that, of course – they’re the two most proven scorers on the team by far. But we’re probably looking at a reduced role for Lin here, a possibility the New York Post brought to us in its classic understated style:
We’re not sure if Lin’s role will be diminished quite that much. And even if it is, there’s no guarantee it will be long-term – it all depends on how Woodson fares over the rest of the season, and who the Knicks eventually decide to hire as coach if they don’t retain Woodson beyond 2012. But for now, we might be looking at less Lin in our lives. Maybe that will benefit him later on, but it’ll mean less Linsanity… and the Post’s design team might be the only people happy about that.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'