- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Hugh Hefner Shares Thoughts On Jerry Buss’s Death, Creates Headline Of The Day
As you know, Jerry Buss, legendary owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, died on Monday. Glowing tributes have popped up everywhere, including a stirring Kobe Bryant pregame speech last night, which forced Magic Johnson to fight back tears. Headlines have obviously been somber, yet rousing. Except for this one. This one, inspired by a Hugh Hefner interview, was… well, let’s just show it to you.
Hugh Hefner: Dr. Jerry Buss Attended a Lot of Playboy Parties and He Will Be Truly Missed
By the accounts of many who knew him, Jerry Buss was a fine man… a fine man who liked himself some beautiful women. Hefner’s tribute might not make Magic Johnson tear up, but it was a real, emotional tribute to a great man. Sports Radio Interviews has the full transcript, as well as the audio for you to listen.
Here’s a quick highlight from the interview. Hefner guesses he met Buss at a Playboy party, but he doesn’t remember.
How big of a playboy was Dr. Jerry Buss?
“Well I really can’t speak from personal experience. [Both hosts laugh] He,as I have tried to do over the years, defied the limitations in terms of age and it was more than simply — he was young for his years and he had as many female friends as males, but he had a great many male friends, too. What he brought to the game as I say was unique and he will be truly missed.”
Hefner, like most everyone, spoke highly of Buss. This isn’t the side of Buss that will make Magic cry, but it’s a side for us fans to grin at, fondly. Buss was a fascinating man. A fascinating, Hefner-esque man.
- Filed Under:
- jerry buss
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story