- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Hugh Hefner Shares Thoughts On Jerry Buss’s Death, Creates Headline Of The Day
As you know, Jerry Buss, legendary owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, died on Monday. Glowing tributes have popped up everywhere, including a stirring Kobe Bryant pregame speech last night, which forced Magic Johnson to fight back tears. Headlines have obviously been somber, yet rousing. Except for this one. This one, inspired by a Hugh Hefner interview, was… well, let’s just show it to you.
Hugh Hefner: Dr. Jerry Buss Attended a Lot of Playboy Parties and He Will Be Truly Missed
By the accounts of many who knew him, Jerry Buss was a fine man… a fine man who liked himself some beautiful women. Hefner’s tribute might not make Magic Johnson tear up, but it was a real, emotional tribute to a great man. Sports Radio Interviews has the full transcript, as well as the audio for you to listen.
Here’s a quick highlight from the interview. Hefner guesses he met Buss at a Playboy party, but he doesn’t remember.
How big of a playboy was Dr. Jerry Buss?
“Well I really can’t speak from personal experience. [Both hosts laugh] He,as I have tried to do over the years, defied the limitations in terms of age and it was more than simply — he was young for his years and he had as many female friends as males, but he had a great many male friends, too. What he brought to the game as I say was unique and he will be truly missed.”
Hefner, like most everyone, spoke highly of Buss. This isn’t the side of Buss that will make Magic cry, but it’s a side for us fans to grin at, fondly. Buss was a fascinating man. A fascinating, Hefner-esque man.
- Filed Under:
- jerry buss
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce