- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jerry Seinfeld And The Soup Nazi Want Your Car In The Latest Leaked Super Bowl Ad
It’s almost Super Bowl time, so it’s already Super-Bowl-commercial-leaking time. We delved into Matthew Broderick’s coolly received Ferris Bueller-ish ad yesterday, and this morning, via our pals at Geekosystem, we became aware of another car commercial starring someone whose work helped define a generation. This time, it was Jerry Seinfeld, and he really wanted that Acura:
Pluses: for one, the car Seinfeld has his sights set on is sleeker than the CR-V of Broderick’s Bueller ad. Also, the Soup Nazi appearance provided a satisfying bit of Seinfeld nostalgia. The lack of any other Ferris Bueller cast members was a main sticking point among those who didn’t like Broderick’s ad…then again, thanks to the seventh season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, our Seinfeld reunion thirst is basically quenched anyway. Also, un-smooth bribe attempts are pretty much can’t-miss comedy.
Minuses: sure, it’s a joke and everything, but Seinfeld being that desperate? Just not gonna happen. And why is that other guy not putting a restraining order on Seinfeld when he refuses to leave his house? Sure, realism’s probably a little much to ask for in an ad featuring aliens, munchkins, and a personal zip line through Manhattan (also, why does Seinfeld need the car if he has that?), but my God, man, he’s stalking you. Oh well. At least, by Jay Leno ruining everything, the commercial reached a conclusion we can all agree on.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!