- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Remember Longtime NBA Announcer Jim Durham With His Calls Of Two Of Michael Jordan’s Greatest Moments
Jim Durham, who spent years as a play-by-play announcer for the Bulls and later doing NBA games on ESPN Radio, died over the weekend at 65. No cause of death was announced. Durham served as Bulls play-by-play man from 1973 to 1991, served the Dallas Mavericks in the same capacity after that, and called games for ESPN Radio for over 15 years.
I won’t pretend to be a huge expert on the work of Jim Durham or act like I knew him personally, but what I will say is that when you have this many people mourning your loss and universally saying good things about you, there’s a very high probability you were a good person, and good at what you did.
And what I can also say for sure is that he got to call some classic moments (though to hear others say it, he managed to make pretty much everything sound important).
Durham also got to call another famous shot from earlier in Jordan’s career. He wasn’t quite as stoic for this one (nor was his broadcast partner, for that matter). Durham’s call begins at the 20-second mark:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts