- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
That’s Unfortunate: Hockey Announcer Mispronounces Player’s Name As “Hitler”
A couple days ago, Boston Bruins announcer Jack Edwards found himself in the news for hilariously yelling at a Montreal Canadiens player to “GET UP!” And now Brian Engblom, who called last night’s Red Wings-Coyotes game, joins Edwards in hockey announcing notoriety…though in Engblom’s case, he didn’t mean to.
It seemed like an innocuous enough situation…there was a break in the action to clear up a scrum around the net, and Engblom was simply explaining what happened during play. And then, he explained the role of the Red Wings’ Jiri Hudler in the action.
Maybe he technically said “Hidler” – but come on, you know what you thought when you heard that. And man, if there’s one name you don’t want to accidentally call someone, that’s probably it. And on top of all that, as Deadspin reminds us: yesterday was Hitler’s birthday. Maybe Engblom heard that at some point in that day and it was a Freudian slip? Either way…in that moment, we really do not envy Engblom.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row