- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
That’s Unfortunate: Hockey Announcer Mispronounces Player’s Name As “Hitler”
A couple days ago, Boston Bruins announcer Jack Edwards found himself in the news for hilariously yelling at a Montreal Canadiens player to “GET UP!” And now Brian Engblom, who called last night’s Red Wings-Coyotes game, joins Edwards in hockey announcing notoriety…though in Engblom’s case, he didn’t mean to.
It seemed like an innocuous enough situation…there was a break in the action to clear up a scrum around the net, and Engblom was simply explaining what happened during play. And then, he explained the role of the Red Wings’ Jiri Hudler in the action.
Maybe he technically said “Hidler” – but come on, you know what you thought when you heard that. And man, if there’s one name you don’t want to accidentally call someone, that’s probably it. And on top of all that, as Deadspin reminds us: yesterday was Hitler’s birthday. Maybe Engblom heard that at some point in that day and it was a Freudian slip? Either way…in that moment, we really do not envy Engblom.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen