- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Colin Cowherd Calls Out ESPN Producers For Pushing Baseball On Us
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Is Selling His Miami Oceanfront Condo For $2.6 Million
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
John Calipari, Insecure Control Freak
The web roundup for Wednesday, April 4th, 2012. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. See anything that should be on SportsGrid? Send it to email@example.com. Here’s our starting five.
1. JOHN CALIPARI, INSECURE CONTROL FREAK. “When John Calipari ruled as general manager and coach, one of the interns within the New Jersey Nets’ basketball operations had come to expect his frantic, flustered boss to deliver a most vain order. Calipari became obsessed with the callers to the midday New York radio show ripping into him, and orchestrated a counter propaganda program.” [Yahoo!]
2. FOX IS CONSIDERING LAUNCHING A 24-HOUR SPORTS NETWORK. “The cost of launching such a channel is unclear.” [Sports Business Journal]
3. DAVID BECKHAM’S BULGE IS SAFE. [Daily Mail]
4. MAN SCORES 113 POINTS IN FIBA BASKETBALL GAME, GOES 32 OF 59 FROM BEYOND THE ARC. [Ball Don't Lie]
5. NOT SPORTS RELATED, STILL IMPORTANT: Electronic Arts is voted the worst company in America. [The Verge]
WHAT’S ON TV TONIGHT: MLB: St. Louis at Miami (ESPN, 7 p.m.); NBA: Oklahoma City at Miami (ESPN2, 8 p.m.); Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers (ESPN, 10:30 p.m.).
AND, FINALLY TONIGHT: “Baby Otter is introduced to water” is fantastic.
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'