- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
John Calipari, Insecure Control Freak
The web roundup for Wednesday, April 4th, 2012. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. See anything that should be on SportsGrid? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s our starting five.
1. JOHN CALIPARI, INSECURE CONTROL FREAK. “When John Calipari ruled as general manager and coach, one of the interns within the New Jersey Nets’ basketball operations had come to expect his frantic, flustered boss to deliver a most vain order. Calipari became obsessed with the callers to the midday New York radio show ripping into him, and orchestrated a counter propaganda program.” [Yahoo!]
2. FOX IS CONSIDERING LAUNCHING A 24-HOUR SPORTS NETWORK. “The cost of launching such a channel is unclear.” [Sports Business Journal]
3. DAVID BECKHAM’S BULGE IS SAFE. [Daily Mail]
4. MAN SCORES 113 POINTS IN FIBA BASKETBALL GAME, GOES 32 OF 59 FROM BEYOND THE ARC. [Ball Don't Lie]
5. NOT SPORTS RELATED, STILL IMPORTANT: Electronic Arts is voted the worst company in America. [The Verge]
WHAT’S ON TV TONIGHT: MLB: St. Louis at Miami (ESPN, 7 p.m.); NBA: Oklahoma City at Miami (ESPN2, 8 p.m.); Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers (ESPN, 10:30 p.m.).
AND, FINALLY TONIGHT: “Baby Otter is introduced to water” is fantastic.
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- Best Japanese Knockout Artist Coming To UFC
- Moment Of Truth Fight in the Philippines