- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
John Calipari, Insecure Control Freak
The web roundup for Wednesday, April 4th, 2012. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. See anything that should be on SportsGrid? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s our starting five.
1. JOHN CALIPARI, INSECURE CONTROL FREAK. “When John Calipari ruled as general manager and coach, one of the interns within the New Jersey Nets’ basketball operations had come to expect his frantic, flustered boss to deliver a most vain order. Calipari became obsessed with the callers to the midday New York radio show ripping into him, and orchestrated a counter propaganda program.” [Yahoo!]
2. FOX IS CONSIDERING LAUNCHING A 24-HOUR SPORTS NETWORK. “The cost of launching such a channel is unclear.” [Sports Business Journal]
3. DAVID BECKHAM’S BULGE IS SAFE. [Daily Mail]
4. MAN SCORES 113 POINTS IN FIBA BASKETBALL GAME, GOES 32 OF 59 FROM BEYOND THE ARC. [Ball Don't Lie]
5. NOT SPORTS RELATED, STILL IMPORTANT: Electronic Arts is voted the worst company in America. [The Verge]
WHAT’S ON TV TONIGHT: MLB: St. Louis at Miami (ESPN, 7 p.m.); NBA: Oklahoma City at Miami (ESPN2, 8 p.m.); Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers (ESPN, 10:30 p.m.).
AND, FINALLY TONIGHT: “Baby Otter is introduced to water” is fantastic.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story