- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The New Pope Is Argentine Jorge Mario Bergoglio, Meaning Dennis Rodman’s Trip Was For Naught
The Catholic Church has a new leader: Argentina’s Jorge Mario Bergoglio. He will be known as Pope Francis I. His selection breaks some new ground:
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) March 13, 2013
…and it comes as something of a surprise, given that he wasn’t among the top favorites for the position, at least according to bettling lines. And it means something else, too. Remember Dennis Rodman’s trip to Rome? Well, he was pimping a gimmicky gambling website called Paddy Power, and specifically, this gimmick: if a black pope were selected, bettors who put their money on a non-black Pope would get their money back. (Peter Turkson of Ghana was considered one of the most likely candidates.)
But Turkson wasn’t selected. And that means – believe us, it pains us to say it as much as it surely pains you to hear it – Dennis Rodman’s trip to Rome served essentially no purpose.
We’ll get through this together.
- Filed Under:
- Dennis Rodman
- Cleverly To Continue Career At Cruiserweight
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Photo Gallery: Pacquiao vs. Rios